viernes, 10 de septiembre de 2021

35 Looks From NYFW SS22 That Will Live In My Head Rent-Free

New York Fashion Week is here and yes, my feet hurt! Tis the season for editors, influencers, stylists and fashion girls alike to run wild from Soho to Hudson Yards (ugh) watching shows, snapping photos of presentations and dressing up for parties galore. We’re just a few days in and already the designers have showed that they’re making up for lost time when it comes to their first season back after last season’s digital offerings.

That said, there are a few favorite looks that stood out above the rest, so allow me to gush about them now. A sparkling emerald green skirt fit for a princess paired with the itty-bittiest matching bra top turned heads at Christian Siriano‘s Gotham Hall spectacle. A Bronx & Banco breast plate of bronze mirrors was paired with a chocolate brown leather sarong on a runway atop Spring Studios. A red cutout maxi dress with a skirt of swinging fringe turned heads at Proenza Schouler’s open-to-the-public adventure on the city’s Little Island.

These amazing moments and so many more are all reminders of why we’ve missed fashion so damn much over the past year or so of pandemic precautions. Regardless of the undeniable effort designers put into their virtual showings and fashion films, nothing hits quite like seeing a runway show in the flesh.

As I run from show to show and question my sanity, a love for the looks keeps me going—below, a few of the favorites I’ve been snapping for my personal mood board.

STYLECASTER | New York Fashion Week

Nicole Miller/iMaxTree.

Let’s kick things off with a maximalist bang, this rainbow asymmetrical midi from Nicole Miller.

 

STYLECASTER | New York Fashion Week

Christian Siriano/iMaxTree.

I absolutely refuse to wear a lime green dress unless it comes with a matching wide-brim hat.

 

STYLECASTER | New York Fashion Week

Proenza Schouler/iMaxTree.

Out of all the exquisite suits I saw, this pumpkin orange number paired with chunky sandals was an instant favorite.

 

STYLECASTER | New York Fashion Week

Prabal Gurung/iMaxTree.

In terms of party looks, this Prabal number has my heart. The pink! The shag! The sandal!

 

STYLECASTER | New York Fashion Week

Alejandra Alonso Rojas/iMaxTree.

If Ariel from The Little Mermaid needed a super sexy gown, this AAR number would absolutely be it. The hem looks like a pool of water!

 

STYLECASTER | New York Fashion Week

Adeam/iMaxTree.

When Bridgerton stans and cottagecore lovers unite, this Adeam dress finds its target audience.

 

STYLECASTER | New York Fashion Week

Proenza Schouler/iMaxTree.

I didn’t know I needed a red fringed frock in my wardrobe until right this minute. Thank you, Proenza.

 

STYLECASTER | New York Fashion Week

Christian Siriano/iMaxTree.

This emerald green masterpiece from Christian Siriano looks positively made for Zendaya, am I right?

 

STYLECASTER | New York Fashion Week

Bronx & Banco/iMaxTree.

Bronx & Banco truly delivered on sexy, vacay-ready looks. This brown mirrored top and leather skirt pairing was my favorite of the array.

 

STYLECASTER | New York Fashion Week

Christian Siriano/iMaxTree.

Fine, said Christian Siriano, I’ll do it. And with that, skirt suits became cool again.

 

STYLECASTER | New York Fashion Week

Cinq à Sep/tiMaxTree.

This tangy lime palette cleanser from Cinq à Sept is perfectly styled with chunky black boots to compliment the sweet bow detail.

 

STYLECASTER | New York Fashion Week

Duncan/iMaxTree.

If I had all the makings of thie Duncan look, it would be on my body in a literal heartbeat.

 

STYLECASTER | New York Fashion Week

Parabal Gurung/iMaxTree.

This dreamy Prabal Gurung dress is a breath of fresh air for fashion. Clean, minimal yet detailed and oh so chic!

 

STYLECASTER | New York Fashion Week

Alejandra Alonso Rojas/iMaxTree.

AAR really made a case for year-round yellow via this open knit paired with sunny trousers.

 

STYLECASTER | New York Fashion Week

Dundas/iMaxTree.

This Dundas dress gives me modern Taylor Momsen vibes in the absolute best way. Definitely something I’d wear if I woke up a chic, grungy rockstar.

 

STYLECASTER | New York Fashion Week

Peter Do/iMaxTree.

At Peter Do, it was the big bags for me.

 

STYLECASTER | New York Fashion Week

Ulla Johnson/iMaxTree.

Attention, bride-to-bes: This Ulla Johnson dress will make you look like an ethereal fairy.

 

Marrisa Wilson PO S22 006 35 Looks From NYFW SS22 That Will Live In My Head Rent Free

Marissa Wilson/iMaxTree.

In a fun exploration of color and pattern, this dress was my favorite from Marissa Wilson’s presentation.

 

STYLECASTER | New York Fashion Week

Three As Four/iMaxTree.

Three As Four really went off when it came to unique patterns, and the silhouette of this dress manages to be equally as interesting as the print without clashing.

 

Ulla Johnson S22 015 35 Looks From NYFW SS22 That Will Live In My Head Rent Free

Ulla Johnson/iMaxTree.

This peachy hue on the Ulla Johnson runway cheered me up right away. Also, I’m calling it now: layering mini bags will be the move for 2022.

 

STYLECASTER | New York Fashion Week

Collina Strada/iMaxTree.

If you want print clashing done right, go to Collina Strada, master of maximalism at its finest.

 

STYLECASTER | New York Fashion Week

Prabal Gurung/iMaxTree.

This Prabal Gurung look is one of my favorite dresses of the season, bar none.

 

STYLECASTER | New York Fashion Week

LaQuan Smith/iMaxTree.

This coat-on-the-top, bodysuit-on-the-bottom take on a one-piece from LaQuan Smith is so inspired.

 

STYLECASTER | New York Fashion Week

Sergio Hudson/iMaxTree.

Michelle Obama adores Sergio Hudson, so I pray we see her in this chartreuse suit soon.

 

STYLECASTER | New York Fashion Week

Dur Doux/iMaxTree.

Dur Doux’s playful yet wearable designs definitely caught my attention, in particular this sweet sheer mini dress.

 

STYLECASTER | New York Fashion Week

Carolina Herrera/iMaxTree.

If Emily doesn’t wear this Carolina Herrera number in the next season of Emily In Paris, I want my money back.

 

STYLECASTER | New York Fashion Week

Adam Lippes/iMaxTree.

The bubble hem on this Adam Lippes dress takes me back in the very best way. Let’s bring the bubble back, folks.

 

STYLECASTER | New York Fashion Week

Badgley/Mischka/iMaxTree.

This Badgley Mischka dress is expertly tailored, and I love the laser-cut flowers and butterflies on the skirt.

 

STYLECASTER | New York Fashion Week

Tanya Taylor/iMaxTree.

When I saw this layered look at Tanya Taylor’s presentation, I immediately made a mental note to layer more crop tops over my prairie dresses.

 

STYLECASTER | New York Fashion Week

Elena Velez/iMaxTree.

I could look at this Elena Velez skirt all day. Wearable art in its truest form.

 

STYLECASTER | New York Fashion Week

LaQuan Smith/iMaxTree.

Let’s start placing our bets: Which Kardashian will be the one to wear this glitzy LaQuan number?

 

STYLECASTER | New York Fashion Week

Carolina Herrera/iMaxTree.

If Blair Waldorf makes a guest appearance on the Gossip Girl reboot, my only prayer is that Leighton Meester be wearing this Carolina Herrera embellished mini dress.

 

STYLECASTER | New York Fashion Week

Sergio Hudson/iMaxTree.

For this tonal look, Hudson played up the most perfect blue hues for an effortless layered effect.

 

STYLECASTER | New York Fashion Week

Dur Doux/iMaxTree.

I would happily book a week-long vacation and pack just this set from Dur Doux. I’d never want to take it off!

 

STYLECASTER | New York Fashion Week

Naeem Khan/iMaxTree.

This model served body in her ornate, see-through Naeem Khan number, which made the whole look even better.

 

StyleCaster newsletter



from StyleCaster https://ift.tt/38Vs5Cv
via IFTTT

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario